- Dog ID: 17-035
- Adoption Date: 10/17/2017
- Gender: Male
November 5, 2017:
Murphy has found his forever home. He will enjoy running around on four acres, going to their second home on a lake and boating. I will have more information to come.
September 10, 2017:
Murphy is wonderful. We found out today that he likes to swim. At first he was tentative but he found another dog he really liked and she was swimming. In order for him to follow her he had to. He seemed to like it. He is still obsessed with our chickens so he can only go out of the fence when they are not outside. He is doing better with the pulling on our walk. My husband found that he doesn't pull as bad on a regular collar. He still pulls a bit for me. He enjoys his long 3 mile walk/run. I have taken him to Boston Store twice and he is a hit with everyone. He is very friendly and lets them pet him. He does like to sleep with us....he starts in the bed and gets down sometime in the night. In the morning he is usually back in the bed. He is on a grain free diet and has Zyrtec and Thyroxine everyday. Every other day or three days he gets a small dose of prednisone.
August 19, 2017:
Some things I have learned about Murphy:
1. he cannot live with cats....he chases them and won't leave them alone.
2. NO CHICKENS!!!! Obsessed with chasing them.
3. Walks very fast on leash.....pulls too. Would benefit from a harness.
4. Does very well with children.
5. Nervous the first week and latched onto Gilda. He would not leave her alone....humping, following her around.
6. Drools a lot until he settles in.
7. fast learner: knows how to use the dog door.
8. His mane is so long you could braid it and he is beautiful.
9. He is on Zyrtec once a day and a very low dose of prednisone every couple days for his allergies.
On August 21 he has a check up. Then on August 28 he gets neutered. He will have to have one of his testicles biopsied to see why it is so enlarged. Then he will be ready for adoption.
August 13, 2017:
Murphy just arrived yesterday. He is settling in nicely. He loves to go for long walks and does very well in our fenced in yard. He is getting along with the dogs in the house, however, he is desperate need of neutering.