The 2017 Calendar Contest is here! We're excited to kick-start this awesome fundraiser, and to see all of the amazing photos you've been taking all year. Last year, we sold out of every single calendar we had, and sold the most of any year so far. Keep up the great work!
2017 Calendar/Contest Information
- 1 cover winner will be chosen, and they will receive a free calendar
- 12 monthly winners will be chosen - one for each month of the year
- 1 back of calendar photo will also be chosen
- All winners will receive a free calendar
- Deadline for submissions is July 15, 2017
- Digital submissions only, 10+ Megapixel preferred.
- All photos must be high resolution and must be clear when enlarged to 8.5 x 11 inches. The best way to achieve this is to take high resolution photos with your digital camera (reference your manual for that). After you take them, don't crop, edit, resave, or compress them, send them in as is.
- Photos can be landscape or portrait - if we have two great photos that are portraits, they may both be chosen to fill one month
- Photos must contain only Goldens (no humans or other pets). Dignified photos in natural settings are preferred. Eligible Goldens include:
- Adopted GRRoW dogs
- Current GRRoW foster dogs
- Current GRRoW volunteer dogs
- Photos must be your own - please don't send copyrighted photos
- Previous winning photos from previous years can be resubmitted.
- Photos are to be submitted to email@example.com with 2017 Calendar as the subject. Please include the name(s) of the dog(s) in the file name(s) of the photos. (If you do not receive a confirmation within two days of your submission, please contact us, and we will work out a plan to resubmit.
Please include your first & last name in your submission. You may also include your dog or dogs names as well.
- Don’t be afraid to get a closeup.
- Shoot lower to the ground for a dog’s-eye view.
- Have a friend get their attention while you snap away. Bring treats.
- Choose a simple background, a natural background, or a complimentary / contrasting background so your Golden really stands out.
- Shoot with the sun behind you, or on a cloudy day for best lighting.
- Wait for it…patience and setup make for amazing images.
- Have fun! Dogs sense everything, so don’t force the pose.
Cost for Submission:
- Each photo is $5 to submit, or you can purchase 5 for $20
- Date blocks are $5 each or 5 for $20
All of the calendar winners will be revealed via email & website on August 1, 2016. Calendars will be available for pre-order online for a limited time (time frame TBD - announcement will follow as the contest progresses). Limited quantities will be available for order after the pre-order window is closed, so make sure to pre-order your calendar.
How to Submit:
Step 1 - Fill out this form. You can include information for multiple photos and/or date blocks.
Step 2 - Select the products you would like below.
Step 3 - Submit your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with 2017 Calendar as the subject. Please include the names of the dogs in the file names of the photos. (If you do not receive a confirmation within 2 days of your submission, please contact us at the above email address and we will work out a plan to resubmit.