The 2016 Calendar Contest is here! We're excited to kick-start this awesome fundraiser, and to see all of the amazing photos you've been taking all year. Last year, we sold out of every single calendar we had, and sold the most of any year so far. Keep up the great work!
2016 Calendar/Contest Information
- 1 cover winner will be chosen, and they will receive a free calendar
- 12 monthly winners will be chosen - one for each month of the year
- Several runners-up will be chosen for the back cover - the exact number is not known as we usually make a collage so it depends on how many we can fit.
- New this year: since every dog is a winner, we will do our best to include all photos submitted in remaining spaces or on a dedicated page(s).
- Deadline for submissions is June 1, 2015
- Digital submissions only, 10+ Megapixel preferred.
- All photos must be high resolution and must be clear when enlarged to 8.5 x 11 inches. The best way to achieve this is to take high resolution photos with your digital camera (reference your manual for that). After you take them, don't crop, edit, resave, or compress them, send them in as is.
- Photos can be landscape or portrait - if we have two great photos that are portraits, they may both be chosen to fill one month
- Photos must contain only Goldens (no humans or other pets). Dignified photos in natural settings are preferred. Eligible Goldens include:
- Adopted GRRoW dogs
- Current GRRoW foster dogs
- Current GRRoW volunteer dogs
- Photos must be your own - please don't send copyrighted photos
- Photos from previous years cannot be resubmitted.
- Photos are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with 2016 Calendar as the subject. Please include the name(s) of the dog(s) in the file name(s) of the photos. (If you do not receive a confirmation within two days of your submission, please contact us, and we will work out a plan to resubmit.
- New this year: Please include the dog(s) name(s) as shown in the photo, left to right, or upper to lower; as well age(s).
- New this year: Include the dog’s human companion or family name, such as “Jessica Smith” or “The Smith Family.”
- New this year: If you wish, include 35 words or fewer on what makes your Golden special, endearing, or beautiful.
- Don’t be afraid to get a closeup.
- Shoot lower to the ground for a dog’s-eye view.
- Have a friend get their attention while you snap away. Bring treats.
- Choose a simple background, a natural background, or a complimentary / contrasting background so your Golden really stands out.
- Shoot with the sun behind you, or on a cloudy day for best lighting.
- Wait for it…patience and setup make for amazing images.
- Have fun! Dogs sense everything, so don’t force the pose.
Cost for Submission:
- Each photo is $5 to submit, or you can purchase 5 for $20
- Date blocks are $5 each or 5 for $20
All of the calendar winners will be revealed at Bark in the Park on June 13th, 2015. Calendars will be available for pre-order at Bark in the Park and online for a limited time (time frame TBD - announcement will follow as the contest progresses). Limited quantities will be available for order after the pre-order window is closed, so make sure to pre-order your calendar.
How to Submit:
Step 1 - Fill out this form. You can include information for multiple photos and/or date blocks.
Step 2 - Select the products you would like below.
Step 3 - Submit your photos to email@example.com with 2016 Calendar as the subject. Please include the names of the dogs in the file names of the photos. (If you do not receive a confirmation within 2 days of your submission, please contact us at the above email address and we will work out a plan to resubmit.